Home

SEARCH🔍
no_pop_no_spam2

World's top finishing resource since 1989
Chime right in - No login req'd

How much per gram for 14 K gold jewelery

2004

Looking to trade some gold necklaces, bracelets, etc. I was told salvage value of 14k gold is a high of $9.00 per gram. True? We have a goldsmith in our town who does nice work. However, I have no idea what the value of my stuff is. I am willing to trust but would like a second opinion if possible.

Evelyn Jarland
private person- Oakdale, California, USA

2004

I have no experience in that field, but I can offer a 'reasonableness check'. Today's gold price is about $390 per troy ounce, and a troy ounce is 31.1 grams. So a gram of 24K gold is worth $12.54. But 14K gold is only 14/24 pure, so a gram of it should be worth $7.32 if there was no deduction for the impurity or labor or handling, etc. As an amateur then, I'd be very happy to get $7.32 per gram for 14k gold.

The last post was in 2004. What is the current worth of 1 gram of 14Kt gold per gram?

Dawna Larsen
hobbyist, consumer - Kingman, Mohave County, Arizona

Hi, Dawna.

www.kitco.com and several other websites post the daily price of gold. The "London Fix" is very widely used. Good luck.

adv.:    Discover the choice made by manufacturers
nationwide for high quality jewelry plating & finishing

red sky plating banner