-----

"Can you plate titanium"

2004

I need to pen plate titanium. Can it be done with standard pen plater? Tried on steel and it plates but it does not seem to work on the titanium

Boyd Lenkersdorf
manufacturing - Palm Beach, Florida, USA
^

2004

I do not know what "pen" plating is - is it another name for "brush" or "tampon" plating? The problems of plating onto titanium have been widely discussed on this site, so try 4497, 10897, 13254, 13456 and 27397. As far as I am aware, it is impossible to electroplate titanium onto a substrate from an aqueous solution, but there are some claims that it can be done. I would be interested to know what pen plating is.

^