-----

"Need bright dipping info"

1999

I would like to test the bright dipping process for a project which calls for a 4-6 rms finish on the cut edge on a 1/2 hard brass stamped part. Can anyone help me with information about the chemicals and ratios involved? Also, any additional process info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Oliver

Oliver Rapp
- Attleboro, Massachusetts
^

Mr. Rapp:

I think you'll have a problem in proceeding with your project this way because as soon as you run into trouble-- and most people usually do--you'll be confronted with the question of whether the problem is inadequate knowledge on your part, inadequate chemicals from the supplier, or inapplicability of this general process for your needs. And then what do you do?

I think a better approach would be to send your test parts to a jobshop which already knows how to bright dip brass, so that you can find out at minimal cost whether the process will do what you want. If it does, then you can think about bringing it in house.

^