What is bright plating

(1999)

Hi, I'm a student at Purdue University in IN. I'm in MET (Mechanical Engineering Technology). We were assigned a treasure hunt and one of my questions was:.

I was wondering if you could help me out with this question: What is bright plating

The only problem is: I need actual proof like a catalog or pamphlet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mathew Webb Macowan

(1999)

Hi, Mathew.

"Bright plating" doesn't mean anything special or exact, any more than bright light, or bright white, or bright teeth. I guess it's any plating that is bright, such as nickel or gold or chrome. Surely your school library has books on plating, perhaps including the Metal Finishing Guidebook. As for the treasure hunt, Home Depot has shelves and shelves of hardware, brackets, etc. labeled as "bright plated". Good luck.

(1999)