-----

"Continuous Electrocoating System"

1999

I am a student of the Delft University of Technology.

I'm researching an industrial implementation of a continuous electrocoating system. The problem is that I need a closed electrical circuit. But the circuit is open because I have a continuous feed of conductive material. The following illustration gives an idea of my system:

If I would use this set-up, would the electricity follow the shortest route or will there be a voltage leaking through the feed of conductive material. Do you have any information on this type of systems, or could you give me some advise?

"Crystalline, Stag 3 (GEP)"

1999

When you run a monorail conveyor system in the electrocoat bath the monorail system becomes electrified. The ground system and principle used to isolate the conveyor and structure would be the same for your continuous piece. In the 1980s I worked a little on the idea to electrocoat aluminum and copper wire used for transformers. Due to dielectric issues the project never went anywhere, but grounding of the conductor was not the main issue.

Tyrone L. Caley
- Jefferson City, Missouri
^