Information Needed For Type III Hard Clear Anodize!

(1999)

I am serching for all the information that I can in regards the process specifications for Type III hard clear anodize on aluminum. I am not quite sure this is the forum that I am looking for but I thought I would give it a shot. So if anyone could resopond to my request for information I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Chris Culp
- Vancouver WA

(2001)

If you take a look at Mil-A-8625 [link is to free spec at Defense Logistics Agency, dla.mil] it will give you all you need to know about the clear hard coat anodize. The correct call out would be Type III, Class 2 (clear). Keep in mind though that this is not really clear. It will actually have a green tint to the finish. Any local anodize house will be able to assist you.

Good Luck

Herman Ehlers
- Mesa, Arizona