-----

"Nikasil plating on motorcycle cylinders"

1999

I am looking for information on the plating process of "nikasil" on motorcycle cylinders.

Mitch Stortzum
Louisville IL
^

1999

Please see letter 1671, Mr. Stortzum.

^

1999

I'm a student on the PTHeindhoven, where I'm learning to become a teacher.

And I am looking for some technical information about honing of Nikasil. This information I need because I'm doing a project about it. The information I'm looking for is:

This kind of techn. information I'm looking for

Thank you Milco

Lanckohr Milco
- Holland Eindhoven
^

1999

The ASM (American Society for Metals), Machining Handbook, Volume 3, 8th Edition, 1967, has information on this.

soft to medium honing stone using honing fluid ( a formula is given using oleic acid, kerosene, and turpentine).

200 sfm, 35-50 sfm reciprocation, stone pressure, 40 psi.

This version of the book is way, way out of print, and the ASM has changed the format of their handbooks as their books get larger, and they have to split up the information to avoid giving hernias to the reader. Here are some books that you might find of interest:

McGraw-Hill Machining and Metalworking Handbook by Ronald A. Walsh

Tool and Manufacturing Engineers Handbook, Vol 1 : Machining by T. J. Drozda (Editor)

tom pullizzi animated    tomPullizziSignature
^