How do I restore shine to galvanized finish

Some clearcoating solutions (adv.)    g j nikolas banner   everbrite banner  

2004

Q. Hi

I have a 1999 galvanized boat trailer it has been in and out of salt water and the finish is no longer bright there is no rust. is there anything I can do to restore the finish.

Thank you for any help !

Darin M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
maint. tek. - St.Petersburg, FL, USA

A. Two products I have found from different manufacturers that can help in this situation are called Everbrite and Corroseal. You can find them on the web.

Henry Bowman
- Wickenburg Arizona USA

A. Hi Darin. Galvanizing isn't supposed to stay bright, so there's actually nothing "wrong" with it. But, as Henry says, some clear coat products may help. I'm not familiar with Corroseal, but Everbrite is a supporting advertiser and they suggest to look at the dull item when it's wet. If it looks good to you wet, the product can help deliver that look. If it doesn't look good wet, then it won't improve the look.