Testing virgin powder

2004

I would like to know what are the best tests that I can perform on virgin powder to know if it is a good powder to coat the metal parts and to improve the quality in the line?

Eliseo Izquierdo
Computer metal parts - Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico

2004

Dear Sirs, I am not quite sure of your Q's but here is my reply to what I think you are asking.

Question: To test new powder from your powder supplier prior to incorporating it into your processing - powder coating plant.

a) If you are large user your supplier will give you a panel of the current delivery along with a guarantee its OK. or
b) purchase a small powder sample spray gun - they sell one in the USA for about $100 plus another for $900 - or one from the UK Start-50 @ £650-00. or
c) buy a "spray from the box" production spray gun - takes moments to clean i.e: clean gun - spray sample - clean gun - back in production.

Terry Hickling
Birmingham, United Kingdom