Color Codes--How to determine what they are specifying

2004

I am in the process of having a company reproduce an official organizational patch. Obviously, the original patch is faded from washing, because of dust through the years.

I possess a copy of an official organization approval document (Air Force approval) signed by a Colonel authorizing the patch to be manufactured during the 1960s. The color codes in question are:

65023 Yellow
65010 Blue

Since unable to locate a business in the United States that manufactures patches, I have contacted several companies that do business with foreign manufactures. The problem is the operators overseas are not able to cross reference the color codes identified above with current cable yarn numbers.

I would appreciate assistance.

Robert E. Johnson
Private individual - Surprise, Arizona, USA

2004

Robert, those aren't from Fed-Std-595B on "Colors Used in Government Procurement", whose original issue came out in March 1956. So it is from some other color nomenclature scheme- sorry I couldn't help. Good luck!

lee gearhart
Lee Gearhart
metallurgist

2004

A Google search turned up a military site that crosses YE0102 YELLOW, COLOR ASSN OF THE US, 65023. The same site crosses BU0117 BLUE, ULTRAMARINE, COLOR ASSN OF THE US, 65010

Tom Gallant
- Long Beach, California, USA