It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

"Teflon removal from clothing and fabric"

Q. I'd like to remove the Teflon finish from an upholstery fabric I'm working with. Will it come off if I simply have the fabric cleaned? Thanks for your advice.

Joan Hall
- Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan - USA
^

2004

Q. I would like to know how to remove Teflon from clothing, I am chemically sensitive and have a very difficult time with the odor it gives off.

Kimberly McNeil
- Gig Harbor, Washington
^

2004

A. Hi Kimberly. Was this a spill onto one particular item of clothing (where did the Teflon come from--a spray can, baked on)? Or are you saying that the Teflon was impregnated into the clothing you bought, perhaps in Scotchguard fashion? Are you sure it's Teflon that you are smelling, not some other kind of sizing or whatever? Because Teflon is extremely inert, such that I am surprised to find that it can have a smell.

Teflon was designed to offer total chemical resistance and outstanding heat resistance, so I can't imagine any way to dissolve or remove Teflon from fabric. Sorry. Good luck!

^