-----

"Micromask for chrome plating"

1999

I like to know if any one has try micromask when masking a material before chrome plating. I have heard that micromask are very good to masking before chrome plating. And I like to know if that are any problem whit bubbles after the micromask has being in the chrome plating solution.

sincerely,

Anders Sundman
Anders Sundman
4th Generation Surface Engineering
Consultant - Arvika,
Sweden

^

1999

I would also like to know more about micromask as a maskant when chromium plating.

How is the adhesion between the lacquer and the substrate material.

Is it peelable after the process.

Sincerely

G Johansson
^

1999

Micromask is an excellent maskant for hard chrome applications. I have successfully plated 0.150 thick hard chrome using micromask. I always first applied aluminum tape to the areas to be masked and then masked over top of the tape. This made for easy unmasking of the part and limited solvent usage.

John
^