Carburetor finish removal

(1998)

I restore carburetors for classic cars and currently strip the old dichromate finish by beadblasting. Is there any chemical process I can use instead of beadblasting? Also , after beadblasting I boil the casting in a caustic soda solution for cleaning. I have to bead blast the casting again to remove any caustic residue or else the new coloring doesn't appear uniform, any rinse solution I can use to neutralize the caustic?

Craig Bartling

(2001)

To the guy that was restoring(Craig Bartling) carburetors or anyone else out there who would know the answer to this question. I would like to know the chemical process for recoloring carburetors to the original yellow dichromate finish and would it be chemically harmful

John Just
- Canada