Shiny Copper Forever?

1998

I would like to make copper and tin rings. I would like to maintain that original bright shiny color to the copper and tin( 2% silver). I have tried lacquer, but it flakes off in about a week. Is there a chemical or something I can use to keep the copper from oxidizing so that it always looks shiny and new.... forever? Pennies seem to keep there luster for quite some time.

Rod Borghese
Borghese.NU - Washington DC

1998

A better grade of lacquer, a baked one will last a lot longer. A clearcoat polyurethane, like that on cars, will last a lot longer.

Bright dipping the parts in a chromate type bright dip will make the brightness last longer, but not forever.