Aloha, fun & authoritative answers -- no cost, no registration, no passwords, no popups
(as an eBay Partner & Amazon Affiliate we earn from qualifying purchases)

Home /
Site 🔍
pub  Where the
world gathers for metal finishing
Q&As since 1989


Need Feet for Wrought Iron Table Chairs in a Carpeted Room

Q. We have wrought iron chairs and table in a carpeted room, and the chair feet sink in the carpet so that it is difficult for ladies to move the chairs when they wish to rise from the table. The chair legs end in a circular steel foot about 7/8 inch in diameter. This is too small to use the Teflon pads because they are not large enough to help much. Can you suggest something? Do I need to have larger pads welded to the chairs and use larger Teflon pads?

Ted Parker
- Annapolis, Maryland, USA

thumbs up sign My aunt insisted on answering this one for us ...

"Allow me to suggest that the correspondent solve this problem the way a gentleman ought, rather than by seeking a technical fix for oofishness". :-)

Ted Mooney,
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Striving to live Aloha - Pine Beach, New Jersey

"How to Cast Small Metal and Rubber parts"

on AbeBooks

or Amazon

(affil links)

Q. I have painted my wrought iron furniture. The feet on my furniture & table have rusted quite badly. I am searching for some type of non-rusting metal cup slider apparatus to place the feet in. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Thank you for your help.

Cynthia Russell
hobbyist - Slidell, Louisiana

Q. I am interested in finding replacement pads or rubber cups to fit over the feet to protect surfaces from marring or rust stains on an outside wood deck.

Any ideas?

Sharon Sydnor
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Rubber Caps for Metal Tubing

(affil links)

You can find those rubber caps and tips in a number of different sizes from Shephard Hardware products through this Amazon link .


Ted Mooney,
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Striving to live Aloha - Pine Beach, New Jersey

Q. I am also looking for caps to put on wrought iron chairs for our porch. The style that I need or that I have on them now (but need replaced) are a flat circular flexible cap with a little lip to cup the flat disc on the bottom of leg.

Margaret Kraus
- N. Huntingdon Pennsylvania
August 2, 2008

Inserts for retro formica table legs

Q. Purchased Mid Century Table (Yellow) and 4 chairs. All are good but the table legs don't have the inserts that go in the legs of the table legs. Does anyone carry the inserts for the legs of the tables. I have 6 chairs and every one has a coaster inserted into the end of each leg and each coaster has a round disk that swivels when chair moves.

Dan Deines
Owner of Table - Manhattan, Kansas USA
September 7, 2015

(No "dead threads" here! If this page isn't currently on the Hotline your Q, A, or Comment will restore it)

Q, A, or Comment on THIS thread -or- Start a NEW Thread

Disclaimer: It's not possible to fully diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations might be harmful.

If you are seeking a product or service related to metal finishing, please check these Directories:

Chemicals &
Consult'g, Train'g
& Software

About/Contact  -  Privacy Policy  -  ©1995-2024, Pine Beach, New Jersey, USA  -  about "affil links"