-----

"Ingredients in Rust Patina?"

1998

H, I am from Edmonton Alberta Canada and was wondering if you know much about rust patinas. What I am looking to treat is hot and cold rolled steels. Do you know the ingredients and the amounts of each to achieve this surface finish? I have check with local chemical companies andthey specialize in rust removal not making things rust. Can you help me with a magazine recommendation or anything. thanks Jay from Rock and a hard place metal works and design.

Thanks. Jay

Jeraud
- Edmonton Alberta Canada
^

1998

Steel will rust rapidly if misted with a sprayer 3-4 times a day and left outside.
It will mist a lot faster if you mist it with a solution of about 2 tablespoons of salt per quart of water.
For really fast rust, add about one teaspoon per quart of water along with the salt. Keep in a glass or plastic pan. It will stain concrete or etch it and it will kill the grass.
Wash the part well in hot soapy water before you start and rinse well. It will now fingerprint badly, so handle with rubber gloves.

^