-----

"Activating salts for ni."

1998

I have heard about activating salts that can be added to sulfuric acid to activate ni.I was wondering if this is true and if so who is the vendor. Also,are the salts compatible to a Orosene-80 gold bath?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Ernest Lehn
Tustin Ca.
^

1998

There are commercial activating salts for activating nickel prior to gold plating, ask you supplier about them.

A cathodic activation is highly recommended. In case you have a cyanide cleaner, that will be the best activator but a propierty acidic cathodic activation will do as well.

Sometimes when the time between nickel plating and gold is long, it is recommended to plate the nickel with chrome to protect it from oxidizing and just prior to gold plating to strip the chrome.

sara michaeli
sara michaeli signature
Sara Michaeli
chemical process supplier - Tel-Aviv, Israel
^

1999

I AM LOOKING FOR A CYANIDE GOLD CLEANER AND A SOURCE OF CYANIDE WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DISCOLORATION DUE TO OFF GASSING OF FORMALDAHIDE IN DISPLAY MATERIAL SHOCASES AND BOXES. WHERE CAN I BUY AND HOW CAN IT BE SHIPPED INTO A TOWN IN NORTH WESTERN ONTARIO TNX RALPH

ralph ireland
irelands jewellery inc sioux lookout ont. canada
^

1999

Canadian Finishing Systems distributes all sorts of plating equipment and supplies in Ontario.

^