-----

"Heat exchangers for Electroless Nickel plating baths"

1998

I am setting up a new shop and would appreciate information regarding out of tank heat exchanger technology for heating electroless nickel baths. I know about Hot Shots. I will have a super hot water boiler with about 270 deg. water as a source of heat. What kind of an exchanger would stand this kind of heat and work with EN?

Pete Faxon
- Oxnard, California
^

1998

At that point, it is steam at about 15 psi. Most every EN manufacturer has a favorite external heat exchanger which is quite small and quite efficient. Turbulance helps keep it from plating out on it. Belive that most are stainless.

I would try to keep my EN vendor happy and use the one that his/her company is in love with. You might ask for the name of one that their company does not sell (at a massive markup) as an alternative to look at.

^