plating, anodizing, & finishing Q&As since 1989
Dielectric Properties of Anodized Aluminum
I have an application that requires hardcoat anodized aluminum as a capacitor under vacuum. There are several stringent requirements that have to be met for this anodization process:
1. The dielectric constant of this coating has to be within some reasonable range.
2. The dielectric strength also has to be within some reasonable range.
3. The thickness uniformity has to be within some tight but reasonable range. The thickness that I have in mind is 2 mils, but I need a pretty tight tolerance on that 2 mils.
4. The whole process must be repeatable because we may go volume on this one.
5. I may require certification for some or all of the above properties.
I am seeking competent companies to help us on this aspect. Please either e-mail or call me if you are interested.
- Saratoga, California, USA
Q, A, or Comment on THIS thread -or- Start a NEW Thread