-----

Anodized Aluminum, brightening aluminum

2003

I currently have many aluminum rings that are going to be a part of an electrical switch assembly. The rings will be part of a switch knob, and will be highly visible, therefore appearance is a factor. The rings I have, display a dull, somewhat cloudy finish. Would anodization brighten these parts? Is it possible that these parts are already anodized? If anodization of the aluminum parts would not produce a shiny finish, could you recommend a process that would give the rings a bright appearance?

Thank you for your time.

Josh Kenny
- Altoona, Wisconsin, USA

2003

Hi josh!

I'm also looking for things for aluminum! You may want to try a product I had seen on a houseboat called Sharkhide! It is like a aluminum coating! It is slightly darker in color, but gives a good protective coating and a great look! I hope this helps!

Mike Brumley
- Albany, Kentucky, United States