-----

Pulse plating in cyanide based baths

2003

I am writing my thesis work on pulse-reversed electroplating. My problem is I have not found any texts on pulsed plating on cyanide baths! Why, are they not in use? Is it harder to see an effect from the pulse?

Anna Gustafson
- Göteborg, Göteborgs- och Bohus län, Sverige

2003

May I suggest you first do a literature search in Chemical Abstracts and do not fall into the trap of thinking everything done more than 10 years ago was a complete waste of time - there was a lot of excellent science done "in the old days". Secondly, get a copy of "Theory and Practice of Pulse Plating" [affil. link to book on Amazon] edited by Puippe and Leaman and published by the AESF in 1986. I know this book discusses pulse plating of both gold and silver cyanide baths.