-----

Which type of juice cleans pennies the best?

2003

I have posted many questions over the past few months hoping to get so answers to my questions and research, but I haven't been getting any answers to my questions. I need this information by Thursday for my science fair project or I will get a failing grade for this semester. I can't afford to do that because there will be no summer school. PLEASE HELP ME! I NEED THIS INFORMATION AND R-E-S-E-A-R-C-H! ---------------

Jerrica [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Mullins, South Carolina

2003

While I never recall doing this project in school, it apparently is quite a popular experiment these days. But one has to wonder.. are today's teachers not fully explaining the experiment, or not properly explaining the chemical reactions between acids/bases and metals? Or.. are the students nowadays just used to doing an internet search, and cutting and pasting the answers. Jerrica, your last word in your question was RESEARCH, which means, you are to do the experiment, document your results, RESEARCH the properties of each juice, and write your conclusion.

anodizer - Boise, Idaho

2005

tomato juice, orange juice, grape fruit juice, lemon juice, lime juice,and pickle juice all work really good. I tried it and got an a+ on my science project.

Shanelle f [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- indlps, Indiana

2005

I just finished the same project only to find that salt and vinegar worked best NO DUH do it yourrself or get out.

Danny L [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- P. Pines, Florida

2006

I want to know some research about my project because my teacher told me and the other kids that did not do other research about it need to bring it in the next day.

Gina [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Chicago, Illinois

Ed. note: This question has been asked so many times that we have an FAQ on it. Please follow the link and you will see countless questions and many answers on it. Good luck.

2007

I am Jasmine from Tallahassee,Florida wondering about my science fair topic "Cleaning Copper". Out of all the fruit juices,what are the top 5 juices that cleans a penny the best?

Jasmine B [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
student - Tallahassee, Florida

2007

From what you've read on this page and the FAQ we referred you to, what is your tentative conclusion, Jasmine. And, having read the FAQ, you should be able to phrase the question more precisely now than 'cleans a penny best'. After you have finished your experiment, please post what you found out about cleaning pennies.

It is lemon juice.

cindy z [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- baton rouge, Louisiana