-----

Shining old Brass Trumpet the easy way

2003

Just had a "Old" brass Trumpet given to me, it is heavily tarnished, I tried some polish and it will shine like a new penny, but there are a lot of places you can not get with a polishing cloth, Is there anything I could soak this trumpet in to clean it more easily, or must I just use some old fashioned elbow grease? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as far as I can tell there is no lacquer on it, it looks like solid brass, Made in France around the turn of the century (1900).

Walter L. Haselton
retired - Nashville, Tennessee, USA

2004

I have just bought a used Yamaha brass trumpet for my son. What did you use to polish yours? Also, do you know what I need to do to clean it completely? Thanks!

Diana M
- San Antonio, Texas, United States