-----

Collinox for Zamac diecasting

2003

I am a Technical Finishing Engineer, Repping 6 finishers in the Chicago area. One of my customers, a diecaster, has received an RFQ for a complete part including "Z. B. Collinox 1010" finish. With over 30 years in metal finishing, I have never heard of this finish. From the spelling of the name, it would seem to be some type of Black Oxide, but none of my sources know this name or who might provide it. My guess is it is a proprietary whooosis name come up with by some company to keep customers locked to him. I would appreciate it if someone could identify this for me, so I can assist my customer.

Bill Luban
- Downers Grove, Illinois, USA

Hello, Bill.

Collinox is a trade name of the Collini group; they have 13 locations in Europe. Good luck.