-----

Inquiry for surface roughness

2003

I want to know how to convert value of millimicron to Grit. I have a value of surface roughness in millimicron & I want to convert it in to Grit. So please tell me how to convert it.

Prashant G. Prabhu
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

2003

There are charts available in either millimeters or inches that correspond to grit sizes, or at least a size range. Meaning, grit is that size which falls through a certain screen hole. That separation or classification system gives you a range of grit size and can be shown as a 4 digit high and low number when media gets to a larger size. The surface finish of the materials being worked do not directly relate to grit sizes.

tony kenton
AF Kenton
retired business owner - Hatboro, Pennsylvania

2004

Dear Sir,

You have mentioned that there are tables - Grit to Microinches/Micrometres. Where can I get them?

Thanks in advance.

Ranganathan Elaneera
Engineering Consultancy - Singapore

2004

We convert the reading (Ra 0.007 ìm ) into micro mm to micro inches.

Chetan M Shah
- Hosur,Tamil nadu, India