-----

Re-Painting a wrought iron bed

2003

I was given a hand made wrought iron bed for Christmas 7 years ago and it needs to be repainted but, I am not sure how to prepare it and paint it. It also has some scratches in the metal that I would like to smooth out. Please help me with some ideas to make my bed look like new again!

Jessica F [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Maple Lake, Minnesota, United States

I am in the same boat. I've had the best suggestion be to take it to a company that handles painting cars and have them sand blast it then do a powder coat finish on it. Please let me know if you come up with any other way that is cheaper, and/or easier.

Lindsey Bundy
- Salt Lake, Utah USA

Hello, I own an operate a wrought iron company in Isanti, MN. You would first want to take your project to a sand blaster which will remove everything off the steel. Then find a company that does powder coating and have them repaint it.

Dennis Peterson
- Isanti, Minnesota, United States