-----

COR-TEN steel sealer to control oxidation

2003

I am planning on using corrugated COR-TEN steel panels on a new winery being built in Oregon. What I want to do is stencil the panels with some type of sealer so that certain areas of the COR-TEN will oxidize at a different rate than the untreated areas, creating a texture that will change and develop over time. So my question is what type of sealer or other application will work for this task.

Jeremy Reding
- Seattle, Washington, USA

2004

I'm interested in using Cor-ten steel to side or roof my home. I would like it to look like the old metal sided barns in the Midwest that are rusting in various areas but not all over. I'm curious how to control the oxidizing process? Thanks.

Jami Ferrell
Restaurant - New Castle, Indiana, USA

2004

Dear Jami:

You might find this USS website of interest: http://www.ussconstruction.com/metal/metal/corten.shtml

Steve Bizub
- St Louis, Missouri