-----

Electropolishing know how

2003

OKAY I WANT TO HAVE BRIGHT MIRROR FINISH ON THE STAINLESS STEEL. HOW CAN I HAVE IT? I'M USING BATH PROPORTION Of 1)SULPHURIC ACID 30% 2)PHOSPHORIC ACID 70% IF I WANT TO HAVE THE MIRROR BLUE FINISH WHAT SHOULD I ADD IN THE BATH and WHAT SHOULD BE THE PERCENTAGE.

Q.2)FOR ELECTROLYTIC COLORING OF STAINLESS STEEL WHICH IS THE CHEAPEST PROCEDURE WHICH IS USED ALL OVER IN ELECTROPOLISHING INDUSTRIES AND HOW MUCH COLOR WE CAN GET.

SEEMA V.SHELKE
RAJSHREE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRIES - MUMBAI, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA

2003

I have used a mixture of lactic, phosphoric and sulphuric acids. Compared to the usual phosphoric sulphuric acids solution the benefits are:-

1 Far better results, especially if the sulphur content is high.
2 No analysis required.
3 Wide operating windows

Nick Clatworthy
- Hastings, UK