-----

"Surface treatment for Tungsten/Copper to prevent scaling"

1998

I would like to seek your expertise on the surface treatment on Tungsten/Copper. Currently, I have a Tungsten/Copper material pick-up tip which is heated to a temperature of around 300 degree C in one of our machine. After a constant heating for a day, I realized that the tip becomes scaly and it affects the performance of the tip. I would like to know of any surface treatment that is commercially and easily available for such material. For your information, the Tungsten/Copper material which I am using now has yet sent for any surface treatment. Thank you.

With Regards,

Choon-Yen Chow
^

1998

Soldering iron tips are plated with iron to make them last longer. What does your pick-up tip pick up?

tom pullizzi monitor   tom pullizi signature
Falls
Township, Pennsylvania

^