-----

"bright-dip replacement?"

1998

I am looking into possibly replacing my copper bright-dip line with a more environmentally friendly product. We bright-dip our copper to obtain a chemically clean finish, cleanliness is the only concern, cosmetics is not a concern at all. Some of our copper parts are nickel plated, some are not. If anyone is aware of any products or methods I could try please let me know. I am currently trying Q-plex (part potassium persulfate) pre-plate made by Macdermid.

Dave Bernardini
^

1998

Dear Dave ,

If the Q Pex pre Plate doesn't work or is too expensive and all you want to do is clean the parts prior to plating , what about a simple alkaline clean to remove processing oils and other soils then a dip in 20% sulfuric .

If you think this is not aggressive enough try one of the Sulfuric / hydrogen Peroxide pickles ,if a polish is required you can add up to 20 % ethylene glycol , air agitation helps to maintain the peroxide level

regards

John Tenison-Woods
John Tenison - Woods
- Victoria Australia
^

1998

I'm currently experiencing on our Bright Dip process, an etching or stain mark prior to the bright dip process. We have narrowed the possibilities to the stamping oil that is being used that creates an etching. Is there something that you will recommend me to suggest my customer in regards to the type of oil that he could use to avoid this etching which it is not accepted by my customer?

Alfredo F. Garza
- BROWNSVILLE,Texas
^

1999

How do you get copper bright?

Diane Litchy
^