-----

"Brass finishes"

1998

i need to match two components in color/finish, one is made of brass the other of aluminum, my problem is that I can anodize the aluminum anyone of several different colors but the problem is that I can't seem to find a way to have the brass any other way than brass, nickel plated both bright silver or dull black. Is there any other way? if not how do I preserve the bright brass finish for 2 years in an inside environment?

thank you for your help

aldo laghi
- clearwater fl
^

1998

Dear Aldo ,

Have you thought of Gold Anodize the Aluminium , and Gold plating the Brass part after Bright Nickel plating , many shops will be able to match the colors for you of if you want to do it yourself contact Technic who will be only too willing to help

Best Regards

John Tenison-Woods
John Tenison - Woods
- Victoria Australia
^

1998

We have had good success painting both brass and aluminum components. Perhaps a paint process for both would allow the best match possible.

Michel Moninger
- Sarasota, Florida
^

1998

Hello I'm responding to your website concerning the matter of brass-plating. I'm in the process of plating chess figures, made of lead, could you recommend a suitable solution mix, as I,m finding control of colour difficult. I would also like a recommendation for tank control ie.. material and size.. Thank you

Nigel Hutton
- San Jose
^