World's #1 finishing resource since 1989
No login needed: Chime right in
What equipment is required for zinc electroplating?
I AM BUSY SETTING UP A ZINC ELECTROPLATING FACILITY IN BOTSWANA IN MY PRIVATE CAPACITY AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE OF EQUIPMENT REQUIRED AS WELL AS THE PROCESS ITSELF.
WHERE CAN I BUY EQUIPMENT?
I HAVE FINANCIAL SPONSORS.Niek Jongejan
If you go to the supplier section on finishing.com's home page, you will find many suppliers including ours :-) , that can help you with equipment.
To assist a supplier, you should be prepared to provide some additional information beyond zinc plating, for example:
- Have you determined which type of zinc process you want ---- cyanide, alkaline non cyanide, or acid chloride.
- What type of parts will you be plating and quantity.This will help determine size of equipment, and whether you require a rack line, barrel line or both.
- What specifications do you need to meet and are there any any special finish requirements, ie; black chromate, iridescent chromate etc.
- Environmental regulations that must be met.
- For electrical equipment such as rectifiers -- what input voltage is available.
The more information you can provide regarding your need will assist potential suppliers in providing you with complete information on products and equipment they can supply.
Trust this helps
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
H&H Equipment sells new and used plating equipment. We have several complete lines for sale. See our advertisement on finishing.com's home page under products and services for finishing shops.Raymond Hendrix Troy, Tennessee