How Grease Protects Against Corrosion

2002

Hi!

I have been set a task by my chemistry teacher to find out why grease protects bicycle chains, etc.

Please help me!

Emily
- Guernsey, C.I.

2002

I'm sure your chemistry teacher knows the answer, Emily, and s/he is only encouraging you to research the subject. Did your teacher specify whether you are supposed to be looking into wear, and the use of grease as an anti-friction agent, vs. whether you are supposed to be looking at grease as a rust preventative? The first step in you project is to make sure you very clearly understand the question.