Cadmium and Chromium price and salt spray performance

2002

As has been done several times before, due to the regulations on chromium and Cadmium I am studying replacements for these. I've learned a lot from studies on the web, but I'm having trouble finding figures for the actual price of Cadmium and hex and tri Chromium and performance in salt spray tests. I really don't need exact numbers, just ballpark figures. If you happen to know these off the top of your head, or can direct me to a reputable source I'd really appreciate it.

jos olaughlin
Joseph O'Loughlin
- Moberly, Missouri, USA

2002

Hi, Joseph; please get yourself a copy of the MFSA's "Quality Metal Finishing Guide -- Zinc & Cadmium Coatings" from NASF. It's only a few dollars and about 30 pages, and will very clearly answer your questions on this subject.