-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
A website for Serious Education, promoting Aloha,
& the most FUN smiley you can have in metal finishing

topic 1836

Slack tower



I was wondering if you could tell me what a "slack tower" is in reference to a electroplating apparatus?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Edmund Hudson


Dear E Hudson,

The slacktower is used in reel-to-reel equipment where a strip of products on a reel is unwinded at the beginning of the machine and is contineously transported through the machine.

At the beginning of the machine there is a tower where wheels that are transporting the product, have a possibility to move from an high position to a lower position and back.

This movement is made if a reel is emptied and the product from a next reel has to be joined to the end of the product which was present on the previous (now empty) reel.

By using this "slacktower" you create time to connect the end of the product of one reel to the beginning of the product of the other reel.

Harry van der Zanden
Harry van der Zanden
- Budapest, Hungary

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Q or A to THIS thread START a NEW THREADView This Week's HOT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2017     -    Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.