World's most popular finishing site / Internet's friendliest corner

Silver-Lume silver process

1998

Our supplier has notified us that the "B" brightener for the original Hanson Van Winkle "Silverlume" process will no longer be available. Is there another manufacturer or supplier for this process?

Tom Dudenhoeffer
plating company - Erie, Pennsylvania

1998

Since they no longer want to make this stuff, maybe you should ask them for the formula? Maybe it is something you don't have to react.

I guess they won't be selling as much Silverlume "A" as they used to, huh? smiley

1998

Dear Tom , ( Both of you )

Tom "P" your sense of humour makes working on this page a delight.

Tom "D" maybe you should ask them for their new process , if it is the successor to HVW -M & M&T their new process from Germany is a beauty ! maybe it's more expensive I really don't know but it is at least worth the ask.

regards

John Tenison-Woods
John Tenison - Woods
- Victoria Australia

1998

Wellllll, thank'ya, John. A kind word and I can do another 20 pages of html.

1999

Does anyone know a way to get Silver Lume "A", even just a few pounds of it? Or is anyone willing to trade some Silver Lume "B" for some "A"? Has anyone come up with a silver brightener process for barrel application to replace the Silver Lume process?

Kelly Jacklin
plating shop - Malden Massachusetts

1999

I need information about Silverlume "A". The name of the company which produce it or where can I acquire this product. Thank you.

Jessica Saez
- Santiago , Chile

M&T / Atotech was selling this product in the '80's.

Q. Hello, my name is Jason I run a transfer station; an old brown glass bottle of Silverlume Brightner B was dropped off last night. I cannot find any information about it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the correct way to dispose of it. I'm not sure if its hazardous waste or not. Thank you for any feedback you can give.

Jason Decosta
- Taunton Massachusetts, USA

A. Hi Jason. I understand that it is the wetting agent for the silver plating process, and can be analyzed by Liquid Chromatography. The technical data sheets for Silverlume are available on Scribd but I don't have a subscription and am not joining it for this; hopefully you know someone who already has joined it.