Measuring the current density in a chromium bath

1998

We are looking for a device to determine the effective current density in electroplating. I know there exists a induction coil type of apparatus. Our application is to use it in a chromium plating bath.

Bosch Albert
- Apeldoorn, The Netherlands

1998

Dear Mr Bosch ,

There is a company called Quality Control Instruments , in Oak Ridge , Tennessee that market just what you are looking for ,

Their instrument reads directly in Amps / sq ft , requires no calibration , not influenced by bath chemistry and has probes up to 9 feet long .

I hope it's what you are looking for

Best regards

John Tenison-Woods
John Tenison - Woods
- Victoria Australia

1998

Quality Control Instruments has built that type of instrument for several years. I believe that it is derived from a Boeing patent.

Since I am not unpacked from a move, I can not give a firm address, but they used to be in Oak Ridge, TN.

Very small company of extremely nice people.

2005

If it is possible I would like some contact information for Quality Control Instruments. I have searched in Oak Ridge, but cannot find them. I am looking for a probe to measure current density in an electropolish bath.

Shawn Carter
- Santa Rosa CA, USA

2005

I am reasonably sure that they closed and their product line was taken over by Industrial Instruments Inc. of Newport News, VA. I know for certain that Industrial Instruments offers such a product line and is still in business 2005. Also a small company of very nice people.