How do I coat the inside of a plastic tube during extrusion?

2002

I have a problem. I need to figure out a way to mirror finish the inside of a plastic (1 inch ID) tube as it is coming out of an extruder. Any recommendations on how or who can do this would help alot. If this is not possible then how could I do this with say a 500 meter roll of tubing?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick Kelly
- Atlanta, Georgia

2002

Once polymerized, plastics are extremely difficult (if not impossible) to surface finish because of their long chain molecules that do not cut but rather flow. So, its imperative to have an ultra smooth extrusion die and keep it that way during the process of extrusion. Could it make sense to paint or lacquer it inside?