Cleaning brass with the non liquid Brasso

2002

I am interested in cleaning a brass piece in our church. Its is quite intricately detailed. I as a young man in the Navy had the pleasure of cleaning the brass on the Quarterdeck. I used Brasso [affiliate link to product info on Amazon], but it was not the liquid. It was in a large round can, and seemed like a saturated cotton. I and the powers that were, were pleased with the results. Does anyone know where I can find this type of Brasso?

Tom Sanford
- Pittsfield, Massachusetts

2002

There is a product out there called "Nevr-Dull [affiliate link to product info on Amazon]" manufactured by a George Basch Co. in Freeport, NY. Be sure the brass is stripped of any lacquer before polishing.

Jake Koch
G. J. Nikolas &Co.,Inc.
Bellwood, Illinois
nikolas banner ad

Sorry, Tom, that elusive product no longer exists because, according to Wikipedia, the volatile organic compounds that the formula demanded do not comply with new (2008) U.S. laws. You didn't know that the brightwork on your ship was what caused LA's smog? :-)