Applying Brushed Aluminium Finish

2002

I am a student currently studying for my A-Levels. I am taking maths, computing and design technology. As part of my a level DT project I am making a relaxation chair (basically an indoor lounger) out of aluminium tubing (as legs) and wooden slats running along between the legs to support the leather cushion. I would like to apply a brushed type finish to the tubing but I do not know how this can be done.I would be grateful for any advice in this matter.

Vikas Bhatti
- Wolverhampton, England

2002

It's done with a quick SCRITTCCHH with a belt sander, Mr. Bhatti.I'm not saying it takes no skill or no careful selection of the belt; I'm just saying that that is the equipment and method that imparts the brushed finish.

2006

For background research on my A-Level project, how would a brushed aluminium finish be applied to an intricate extruded aluminium frame? Would it be applied before or after bending and welding etc.? Thanks

Constantine Christophi
Student - Surrey, England