Electroplating/DME Research

2002

Q. Another Science Project Problem... I want to use DME and Some basic electroplating with different Nitrates and modify the entire process and turn it into a project on comparing the different ways of electroplating using different nitrates and different electroplating methods and find the best combination of methods and nitrates for 'finishing' Copper and or silver...I have a good bit of time so respond to this and let me know if it would work out ahead of time or if there is a change I should make to it...

Zach Walker
- Chillicothe, Ohio, United States

2002

A. Apologies Zach, but I don't know if you want to use a Dropping Mercury Electrode, or you want to use DiMethyl Esters or Direct MEtallization? You want to use plating salts that are passed on nitrates, and you want to plate onto copper and silver? Or do you want to plate copper and silver onto something?

Sorry, but I really don't know what you're saying. Maybe you could state your hypothesis and how you think you'll want to try to proceed to prove it, and ask for comment on that? Thanks!