Help with hammered copper texture

2002

I am looking for a nice way to create a shallow hammered texture in copper, I can use whatever gauge is suggested but I am looking for either a tool or method for speedy creation of the texture or how others keep from hurting the material with the old ball peen hammer.

Thanks all,

Ryan Harper
- Millville, Utah, USA

2002

I think I may be able to help you but please clarify what you want to do. Take a flat sheet of metal (copper) and bend it into a shape leaving small round hammered shapes or just make part of the metal move within a design on the flat sheet?

Kathryn Looby
- Halifax, NS, Canada