Live! From Pine Beach NJ: The world's most popular metal finishing website, and the internet's friendliest corner

Range Rover brush guard coating

2002

I am trying to find the coating that is used on Range Rover/Land Rover bumper brush guards. The ones I have seen are around a 50-60 gloss black and the coating is so hard I could take a house key to it and barely see a scratch on it. It seemed as if the key would "bounce" off the coating when I tried to scratch it. I have a customer that is starting to manufacture bumper brush guards, light guards, etc. and wants a coating for them that is as hard and durable as what is used on the Range Rover/Land Rovers. I have tried mar and scratch resistant TGIC Polyester with some success, but it is nothing like the Range Rover/Land Rover coating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Aaron Strouhal
- Moore, Oklahoma