CLEAN PAINT OFF ALUMINUM WHEELS

2002

I just bought a 12 year old truck that was recently painted by the previous owner. There is quite a bit of overspray from the acrylic enamel paint (blue) on the aluminum wheels, bumpers, and rubber. Other then the overspray, I can live with the paint job for a while. How do I get the overspray off the aluminum wheels especially?

Thank you very much.

Danny H [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Aiken, South Carolina

2003

The same thing has happened to my son. Please let me know if you get any ideas.

Debbie S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Fort Wlaton Beach, Florida

2004

Use coarse 0000 steel wool [linked by editor to product info at Rockler] and Zip Strip [linked by editor to product info at Amazon]. Also use chemical resistant chemical rubber gloves [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] and use in a VERY WELL ventilated area.

Joy Carde
- Seymour, Connecticut, USA