What substrate and coating should I use for an outside plinth

2002

I want to mount a 4000 pound weight piece of painted iron, on a plinth. I am uncertain of what the plinth should be made of, and how it should be treated. Your profession just offers so much choice to us, I have done a little web searching and I am so spoiled for choice. The plinth will be outside in the tropics, and it may get damaged, if it does I need to easily repair the plinth, without sending it away to be retreated. I would like the plinth to be a matte black in appearance. Your suggestions readers please.

Thank you very much,

Paul Harrison
- Hong Kong, China

2002

I'd probably make it of cast iron and, after pretreatment, paint it black.

none spacer