Live! From Pine Beach NJ: The world's most popular metal finishing website, and the internet's friendliest corner

How to restore the appearance of an old mirror

2002

I was wondering if there is any way to restore an old mirror. I have a mirror that is very old and it has a black spot near the center that is the size of a dime. Is there any way to fix it? Even if it is not the correct way. I would be satisfied with a faux method that would make it look good again.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Winifred Palmer
- Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey

2004

I would like to know the answer to the above question as I have a old mirror with small black spots on it and I would like to restore it.

Shirley Clark
- Wiggins, ms

I have an older mirror as well and was wondering if you received an answer to your question.

Cheryl Wrona
- Syracuse, New York

I recently used a decal design to update an old mirror that looks like the glass was etched. There are several websites that offer such decals, with a multitude of designs (e.g. animals, religious, nature). This could be a very low-cost alternative for you to give new life to an old mirror.

Mike Gioa
- Lynn, Massachusetts