Silver Antiquing

2002

I noticed jewelry making has popped up in your discussions. I make jewelry out of my home and am using Liver of Sulfur [Adv. Liver of Sulphur [affiliate link to product info on Amazon] ] to 'antique' the silver wire and chain. Unfortunately, the product label is not very detailed. Directions only say to heat the solution, or the silver, and submerge. I would like to know what safety precautions I should take: how do I regulate the pH, what containers are safe to use and how to dispose of the solution after I am finished. (about 1 cup to 1 pint) I can't seem to get ahold of an MSDS. Also, can you describe the reaction?
Thank you!

Beverly G [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Kirkland, WA USA

2007

check out cooltools.us. Go to free videos..there is a list, but you will like the one on antiquing. Liver of sulphur is a all natural product. You will be amazed!

debra cramer
- centralia, Washington

May , 2007

That is a great video, Debra. Thanks.

none spacer