Quick Cd plating method wanted

2002

Hi:

Is there a quick way to electroplate some cadmium on to a length of copper wire 26 AWG. The wire length is approx. 5 feet in length, coiled so the actual length is approx. 6 inches. I do not want a complete plating of the wire surface. I have access to some Cadmium Sulphate. I understand that this question may have already been asked. I looked in the FAQ section but didn't find any info there.

Thank you for your assistance.

Joe Glogowski
- Cambridge, Massachusetts

2002

Cadmium and its salts are highly toxic, so I do not recommend any non-professional to start using them. You will encounter all sorts of problems with your environmental agencies as well as putting your and others health at risk. Look in your local yellow pages for a cadmium plating shop and let them face the environmental issues