Live! From Pine Beach NJ: The world's most popular metal finishing website, and the internet's friendliest corner

Teflon Spray to Repair Pots

2002

Q. My kids have damaged some very expensive teflon coated pots I own, is there a teflon spray I can use to refinish these pots.

Margaret Dottin
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

2003

Q. I was just wondering if there was a positive response to this question, since I have the same type of problem.

Thomas E. Schneider
- Davenport, Iowa

2003

A. Hi, Margaret; Hi, Thomas.
I'm afraid that the answer is no, you cannot repair them that way. But similar questions have been asked many times here, and you can find second opinions and good feedback under letters 12254, 12601 and 17908. Good luck.

We need "Aloha" now more than ever

Teflon/ Moly Oven Cure Firearm Finish
brownells_teflon_ovencure

Q. I am a maintenance person that repairs glue pot assemblies. I normally send out our glue pots when the surface becomes so worn and scratched that the Teflon coating is gone. This is both time consuming and extremely costly. I can do the repairs myself but I was wondering if there was a spray or a dip-in Teflon coating product that I can buy for this purpose? The glue pots can get up to 300°

william armstrong
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin us

A. You might want to check into this spray teflon sold by Brownell's =>

Craig

C Eric Paxton
- Fort Washington, Pennsylvania US

----
Ed. note: Craig's response is in answer to William's request for a glue-pot coating. Do not use this spray for food service items.