The world's most popular metal finishing site, and the internet's friendliest corner

Motorcycle polishing

2002

I am interested in learning to polish motorcycle frames and wheels. I have a 2002 CBR 954 with a black powder coated frame. I was wondering what power tools I should buy to make the job easier and how I would go about polishing the metal. Can anyone help? I would prefer step by step instructions but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Dennis Trisch
- Stockbridge, GA, United States

2002

You are looking at stripping it to the frame for starters. There goes that warranty. A 1HP bench grinder and a Dremel [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] (tight spots) are needed along with buffing compounds and wheels.

Billy Carr
- Canton, Texas